Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back in Action!

So the beginning of the year was not conducive to either cooking or blogging. I had a back relapse, swine flu, and am now getting over a twice broken toe. (pun intended.) 


So my sister came to visit and we ended up cooking a lovely meal of lamb chops, roasted asparagus, carrots, and my forte, garlic mashed potatoes with parmesan. For you new readers, I have an unnatural love of potatoes, and dairy. Salad, bread, and wine were included in the meal.



I also had the fortune/misfortune? of accidentally purchasing three bags, or 12 pounds of oranges. Yep, thought I was buying three oranges, not three bags. I love oranges, but one person can only eat so many. So I dangerously logged on to the Macy's website looking for a hand juicer, found one with and an attached class cup! When I went to get it, it was not at Macy's, but in addition to having a sale on juicers, they had a 30% off all home items in addition. So I walked away with the Cuisinart Citrus Juicer. Seriously amazing. 


I finally got around to juicing my heart's content today. 1, 3 lb bag yields about a pitcher of juice. Look at the difference from store bought! And it tastes amazing too! I'm going to have to host brunch at my apartment this summer complete with fresh orange juice.


Upcoming cooking is bread, and it is my turn to host dinner for a dinner club with a few friends. On the menu is:


-Romaine and spinach salad with apples and candied pecans
-Ginger Glazed Halibut with noodles-Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
-Apple Pie 


Yep... Three bags


No comments:

Post a Comment