Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dinner!



Hosted my first larger dinner. I'd say it was a success. The fish was a little over done, but not terrible. Still moist. I poached it before frying and glazing with the sauce in Mirin, sweet saki, and water. Turned out great. And pie is always good. Mmm pie. The wine was good. There was a good variety of whites and some new kinds which I have not tried before.

I love ginger halibut. I ended up putting in a little more red pepper flakes and ginger than the sauce called for, and I also doubled it. I will post it tomorrow, as I am just too tired to get up and get the card where I have it written down. Udon noodles are the way to go.

Challah is going to be prepped tomorrow night for Friday evening baking and then there is going to be a lot of pre Pesach cooking, well and cleaning this weekend. Oh boy. I'll be stumbling through a seder on Monday, yikes. It may be BYOH, bring your own haggadah. Ha, we'll see how this goes.

To all my KLP's out there, good luck with the pre chametz ban cleaning.

We ate the fish too quickly to take photos, but here's everything else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment