Sunday, April 17, 2011

Challah back!

Challah!
So I will be going back to the recipe I have used previously. This one called for vanilla and I was not a fan, I just wasn't a fan in general. The bread was a little spongy, probably not cooked all the way, but I was in a race against the clock. Otherwise it was fine, just not my taste preference. I'm a little disappointed the egg wash didn't turn out as well.

I had forgotten how hard 4 strand braiding is... really hard. I think I have done it once or twice before, and this recipe was more sticky than the one I used previously.

I'm almost done getting the kitchen pesadik, just have to clean the fridge, freezer and wash the floors. I swear whoever was in my apartment before me never cleaned the cabinets, among other things. Then onto dusting and regular house cleaning all while prepping the cooking for Monday. So much to do. No one told me that cleaning, like doing a deep clean, is hard on my back. But I should have guessed when I was getting a full body workout for like 6 hours. Yep, I cleaned the kitchen for 6 hours and I'm not done. At least it will be very clean for the rest of the year. I only burned one finger and exploded one Pyrex bowl!. Ok, to be fair to make a microwave kosher you put a bowl or cup in it and keep it going until all the water has been evaporated. I didn't watch it after setting it for 15 minutes and then.. grabbed it with a damp towel... which resulted in.. boom. No more bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment