Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Book Binge!

The monsoon rains of fall truing into winter are here, and I just want to be at home baking. Though I need to mention I have to bake rugelach for 30 tonight. Good lord. I'm planning to modify the recipe to be a little more healthy than the original. I'll post with photos and the obvious stories that will ensue.  Because we all know I can't make my lunch without some form of disaster.

A friend's office is having a food drive for an area food bank.  It seems like DC has a hard time getting donated food. I'm guessing people eat out too much to keep canned goods around. I took the opportunity to finish ridding my pantry of all the canned goods that contain high fructose corn syrup.

And Top Chef All Stars is on tonight!

Anyway here's a list of books I've been reading that have to deal with food. Happy reading!




Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver











The Omnivore's Dilemma - Michael Pollan







 In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan








The Widow Cliqout - Tilar Mazzeo








Farm City - Novella Capenter











On Rue Tatin - Susan Herma Lewis







A Pig in Provence  - Georgeanne Brennan







 
Julie and Julia - Julie Powell







My Life in France - Julia Child an Alex Prud'homme






No comments:

Post a Comment