Sunday, December 5, 2010

mmm meat!


So the marinade, not quite what I was expecting but still really good. The herbs de provence were stronger than I anticipated. I really need to stop buying and using low sodium chicken stock. It's just not as good. Otherwise this is a wonderful dinner! Though my liquid measure, which is plastic, has cracked and is now leaking. Oops. Found that out heating up the stock for the rice.

The bread class was disappointing. It was a demonstration, and the recipes were simple enough that I don't think I'd really have a problem. And at one point I was wondering if the teacher had been drinking.  When demonstrating a recipe, after telling us to measure, she just started eyeballing measures.... yep. I did however come away with having two new bread recipes and learning some new things. Though now I really want to bake. The oatmeal bread is amazing, the whole wheat is good.

I was going to start some bread tonight, but my grocery store run, was more of a marathon to get home. So in short there were a lot of things I didn't get done today. Including the book reviews, my weekly cleaning, and some more baking.

4 comments:

  1. What's on the side? Beets? P.S. last night I made buttermilk banana pancakes...mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make the beets? I was planning to make some, but then I was worried that they would stain my hands/cutting board/dish towel. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did make the beets! I actually have a white cutting board and was somewhat worried about staining too, but just made sure to rinse it right after, and made sure to scrub it well. So nothing got stained! My hands weren't stained and some how I managed to get juice on several appliances, it just washed right off, but I didn't let it dry. The towel may satin, but if it's white, there is always bleach if spray and wash doesn't get it out. The best thing is to not let it set.

    ReplyDelete