Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cake and Marinade Update

Omg, cake is so much better today! And yes I did have some for breakfast. Don't judge. The sugars in cakes equalize across the structure, creating that wonderful day after moistness.  Though next time I think I might replace the vanilla extract with more chamboard, and substitute some of the normal granulated sugar for some vanilla sugar. I'll update you all with the results sometime when I go home for Christmas. I sill have toms of cake... I need eaters and reviews! Anyone?

I used the egg yolks from the cake byproducts to make scrambled eggs. Since I was out of milk, I used half and half, feta cheese, and salt and pepper, obviously. I love cheesy eggs. I should have put a little more half an half in. Without the whites its a little more dry. Good to learn.

The marinade is working away at the meat. So glad I tenderized it before I bagged it with the juices. It's starting to take on the color of the wine a bit. I'm growing more and more excited. I decided to can the cardamom rice and go with Tanzanian Pilau Rice, it has a spice mix that I think will better compliment my marinade.


Bread class is today here's the description from Hill's Kitchen's website:


Easy Overnight Breads: Oatmeal and Whole Wheat, $45
You don’t have the time but would like to bake “sour dough” tasting, healthy crusty-crusted loaves of bread at home to reduce your carbon footprint, save money and just plain eat better bread? Then try two bread recipes which only require mixing ingredients and baking. The trick is that you will let the bread ferment in your retarder (refrigerate) overnight.  Fermenting bread overnight is a method of adding a greater complexity of flavor and results in bread with good crumb, structure and crust. To make the oatmeal bread at home you will need some loaf bread pans and for the whole wheat bread, a heat resistant iron or ceramic type container with a lid (easily purchased at Hill’s Kitchen in gorgeous colors)



I'm planning on doing some book reviews today as well as a marinade post. So keep a look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment