Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reviews

So it was suggested to me that I review the foodie books I'm reading/have read. All right, it's on. I will start to do this going forward, but it may take a while to get the past ones posted. So be on the lookout for random dumps of book reviews!

Top Chef last night was awesome! If you didn't watch, I would, Bravo is rerunning it. This season is going to be great! I'm not sure why, but I just like Spike. And Carla. I really hope they go far.

I'm thinking a marinade and cardamom rice may be in order for experimenting for dinner. Red wine, cloves, pepper, are a few of my ideas so far, I'll keep you posted.

I'm also thinking of trying to do something with apple and strawberries for the spring when they are in season in the spring/summer. So I have plenty of time to think of ideas.

I signed up for a 4x12 plot in the community garden on the Hill. Apparently the waiting list is about a year and a half long based on the fact I think it is the only one in DC. Go figure. It may turn out for the best that I don't get one if I move, but I'd still like to grow as much of my own food as I can. Also, the DC chicken debate still rages.  Right now we are not allowed to keep chickens in our back yards, I'd really love to cook with fresh eggs from my own chickens. This is just another reason I miss Seattle. They don't even really recycle here. I actually saw garbage trucks chucking recycling into their truck along with the garbage this morning. So sad. I can't even find an organization with whom to get involved to help! Not to mention no yard waste or municipal compost!

Honestly, take a look at this place, awesome. They have the Gobbledygo!

No comments:

Post a Comment